A website design can easily make or break the success of your online site. The layout, font, color and images you use can make the difference in making visitors stay and browse. In Calgary, website design has become a significant career to many residents and surely many designers would be in agreement in terms of what elements should be considered when creating and doing lay outs for online sites.
To be certain that visitors will take some time looking through the website or will visit it again, designers have come up with ways to attract them. Aside from the content, here are a few tips which will guarantee a high percentage of website traffic, which will ultimately help online businesses soar.
- Logo is a vital part of a website’s brand. Therefore, logos should not only look polished and professional but should also be situated in a prominent part of the site. Lay it out in an area where visitors can readily see it. In addition, the image of the logo should be in high resolution. Pixelated images, let alone logos, will give the visitor a feel that the business may not be too conscious with quality and thus would assume that his or her needs, as a client, would not be met.
- The website should be easily navigated. Primary and secondary navigations should be created in a way that visitors can easily access them. Make menu bars obvious. If a visitor couldn’t browse through the site with ease, he or she may just exit altogether which would mean a loss of a possible client.
- Edit the webpage. A few Calgary website design these days would load countless of images, making the entire website look messy and cramped up. As a result, the brain of a visitor seeing so many options all at once may end up shutting down. To prevent this from happening, narrow down the links on the page. Remove unnecessary clutter to give the visitor the ease of processing what he/she sees on the site.
- In relation to 3, the visitor should also be given the time to breathe while reading through the websites. Create pauses in between paragraphs or images by putting spaces in between them. Again, this will give the reader some time to process what has been read or seen. This will also lead to higher rate of visitors coming back to the site for more, especially if it focuses on content.
- Color is always a good thing. However, it should be used cleverly and not randomly. Take some time to think of ways of adding pops of color to attract visitors. Typically, neutral colors give the site a vibe of clean, elegant and contemporary feel. On the other hand, highlighting headlines and vital graphics with a splash of color would give the visitor an idea of the website’s most important content.
- Fonts should be readable in all types of devices. Many people these days use mobile phones to open webpages. A large-scale font may look good in a pc or netbook but once the site is opened in a phone, such sizes pose a problem. If the site does not have an application which can be downloaded on mobile phones, then use a font that can be easily read on all gadgets.
- Images are an important aspect of a website. Therefore, photographs that are posted should always be of high quality. Invest in good photography. If the site cannot afford to hire a photographer to take shots of specific genres, subscribe to image-sharing sites which give access to their large image database.
Whether it is in a Calgary site or any other, website design should always be treated as an important element to the success of online businesses. The design should be planned and executed well to expect a good return of investment.